A Letter to Shenzhen Citizens
Recently, the outbreak of pneumonia caused by novel coronavirus infection has been the major concern of every citizen, and the prevention and control of the epidemic is the top priority. On January 23, 2020, the Guangdong Provincial People’s Government activated the first-level response to major public health emergencies, and the work regarding prevention and control of the epidemic is being carried out in an orderly manner according to law. In order to protect your health and the health of the public, we hereby inform you as follows:
- Keep good environmental and personal hygiene, keep rooms well ventilated, and stay optimistic. Rest well and have a healthy diet. Enhance physical fitness,wash hands frequently and do not spit in public. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your elbow when sneezing or coughing. Avoid contact with patients with respiratory infections.
- Avoid participating in gatherings and group activities. If you must leave the house, wear a mask in all indoor public places, public transportation, and outdoor public places where there is a crowd.
- Do not buy live poultry and wild animals, and avoid contact with them or their excreta. Do not eat wild animals. Cook your poultry, eggs, and milk thoroughly.
- Go to the nearest hospital with a fever clinic as soon as possible if you or your family members have developed suspected symptoms like fever, cough, fatigue, etc. Please take personal protection measures such as wearing a mask, and walk, drive or take a taxi to the hospital, avoiding the bus or metro or any other means of public transportation as much as possible. If in critical condition, you can call the emergency number 120 for help. Please inform the doctor of your travel history, people you have contacted and whether there are similar cases among them. Follow the instructions of the medical staff, and cooperate with them to conduct an epidemiological investigation by providing as detailed information as possible.
- Please follow official information outlets for the updates and prevention tips on the epidemic. Do not start, believe or spread rumors.
- Shenzhen has adequate reserves for food and other life necessities to enable major food markets and supermarkets to operate normally in order to meet the normal everyday demand of all citizens. The municipal government will do its best to ensure adequate supply of goods and maintain the price stable. For businesses and merchants who drive up prices and hoard goods for speculation, you can report them to the market supervision authority (Hotline: 12345), and they will be severely penalized according to law.
- Please comply with the laws and regulations, and actively cooperate with relevant government departments, disease control agencies, and medical institutions in measures to prevent and control the disease such as health status declaration, epidemiological investigation, inspection, sample collection, medical quarantine observation, and quarantine treatment, etc. Those who refuse to cooperate shall bear the corresponding legal consequences. Under sever circumstances which put public safety at risk, they shall bear criminal liabilities.
Let’s work together to prevent and control the epidemic in an orderly manner according to law, and maintain social order. We will win this battle and safeguard our beautiful home.
Office of Shenzhen Headquarters for Prevention and Control of Pneumonia Epidemic Caused by Novel Coronavirus
February 2, 2020