Due to the increasing number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 community transmission in Ulaanbaatar city, the State Emergency Commission convened today, March 13, Saturday, and made a decision to enter into the Orange – Level 3 from the current Yellow – Level 2, under the heightened state of preparedness based on recommendations by professional organizations.
The Orange Level measures and restrictions are effective in Ulaanbaatar city starting from 06 AM, March 15, Monday for two weeks. During the period, activities of the following types of businesses and organizations are prohibited, and others are allowed to operate with COVID-19 prevention guidelines in place.
The restricted types of activities, services and businesses are:
1. Gatherings, demonstrations and competitions
2. Public trips, weddings and receptions
3. Night clubs and karaoke
4. Trade fairs and exhibitions
5. Online and all types of gaming centers
6. Training centers /excluding, in-class and industrial training centers allowed with up to 10 people/
7. Cultural performances and
8. Entertainment places /at up to 30 percent seating capacity/
9. Relaxation centers
10. Fitness centers /at up to 30 percent capacity/
11. Saunas and swimming pools /at up to 30 percent capacity/
13. Religious activities and places
14. Sports events /excluding, training of athletes for the Olympics and international tournaments/
In addition, the restrictions will be placed on vehicle and pedestrian movements during the nighttime from 11 PM to 06 AM, reports the State Emergency Commission.
Ulaanbaatar /13 March 2021/