The Cabinet held its regular meeting today, January 6. At the meeting, Deputy Prime Minister and Head of the State Emergency Commission Ya. Sodbaatar provided information on the current situation of COVID-19 pandemic and measures being done by SEC as follows:
– The SEC considers that the extension of the strict quarantine until January 11, 2021 will potentially reduce the number of cases and the number of inpatients by 100 each, and the number of infected people, who are in the incubation period, by 100-200.
– It has been estimated that If the strict lockdown was lifted, the number of infections would reach more than 3500, the number of inpatients to more than 1,200, and the number of people in COVID-19 incubation period to 1,000 by February 11 or Tsagaan Sar National Holiday.
– A total of 1,170,370 people were tested nationwide, of whom 509,170 people were tested with rapid tests and 661,200 with PCR. In the capital city, 415,397 people were involved in the testing.
– There are 1,525 people in 31 isolation facilities nationwide, of whom 1,489 are close contacts and 36 arrived on charter flights.
– To date / since December 24, 2020/, there are 4,200 health workers, 1,500 emergency workers, 2,135 professional inspectors, 2,804 police officers, 840 staff members of border protection, or a total of 11,479 people are on duty.
Ulaanbaatar /06 January 2021/